The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) is set to turn-over a P19.9-million worth of information and marketing facility to the agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs) of Sultan Kudarat in Barrio 2, Takurong City to help them boost their agricultural products.
Provincial Agrarian Reform Program Officer II (PARO II) Rodolfo Alburo said the Agrarian Information and Marketing Center (AIM-C) is equipped with office space, conference room, store room, display room for products of member-organizations, warehouse for storage of consolidated farm produce, motor pool for farm machineries, and information database for all products in the province.
PARPO Alburo said the facility would be operated and managed by Sultan Kudarat ARB Network (SKARBNET), a provincial federation of ARB organizations.
“With the features of AIM-C, SKARBNet is expected to operate and help its members better particularly on the information and marketing needs, as well as to improve the quality of services extended to its member organizations,” Alburo said.
AIM-C is a project under the Agrarian Reform Infrastructure Support Project III (ARISP III) funded by Japan Banking International Cooperation (JBIC) and implemented by the DAR, in coordination with local government units.
“The construction of the building is already completed. However, some works, such as the construction of the perimeter fence and site improvements have yet to be performed by the Provincial Government of Sultan Kudarat as their counterpart to the said project,” said Alburo.
Alburo added that as soon as the fencing and site improvements are completed, the turnover will be scheduled.
Engineer Farhad Cordero of the Provincial Engineering Office said that they are now finalizing the program of work for the construction of the perimeter fence and for other improvements.
The total project cost of AIM-C is Php 19,875,076.00. About 30% of which or a total of P5,884,346.00 is from ARISP III and the other 70% amounting to P13,990,730.00 is from the Provincial Local Government Unit (PLGU) of Sultan Kudarat.
Portion of the PLGU counterpart includes site development works amounting to P1,556,857.00, right-of-way costs amounting to Php 4,500,00.00 and 10-year operation and maintenance cost amounting to Php 6,000,000.00. Other costs also include pre-engineering,
Alburo said that on the date of AIM-C turnover to SKARBNet, DAR will also turn over heavy-duty farm machineries to the same ARBO to maximize its potential in bringing change to the lives of farmers in the province.
Posted By: Lynne Pingoy